Make your own home baked Red Velvet Cupcakes with this simple recipe from freshbox.
Takes 35 mins
Consume within 2-3 days
Serves 12-15 Cupcakes
What's In The Box
Below ingrediants are included in the box,
- Astra 350g
- Eggs x 3
- Sugar 250g
- Flour 150g
- Baking Powder x 1 packet
- Chocolate Powder x 1packet
- Fresh Milk 650ml
- Red colouring x 1 bottle
- Icing Sugar x 1 packet
What Else do you need ?
How To Make
How to make the Cupcake
- Preheat the oven at 150 C for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat Astra and Sugar together
- Add eggs one by one, and keep beating.
- Prep flour by sifting baking soda, baking powder, chocolate powder and salt.
- Add flour mix to the Astra and Sugar. Fold it in.
- Add fresh milk, vinegar and mix well. Add red colouring
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners. Pipe or scoop the cupcake batter into the tray in a way that a little more than half of the cup is filled
- Bake for 20 minutes in the Preheated oven.
- Leave to cool.
How to make the Frosting
- Make your own cream cheese by adding you fresh milk to a pan and bringing it to a slight temperature that you're able to still check with your fingertip. Add 3 tbps of Vinegar, and leave for 5 minutes. Strain the water with a piece of cloth. Or you can purchase your cream cheese as well!
- In a bowl, start beating the Astra
- Keep beating while adding the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- Use a piping bag with a 2D Nozzle to ice the cupcakes.
- Decorate as you wish!
Enjoy a delicious home baked Red Velvet Cupcakes with your family and friends.
With ♥ from Freshbox team